Cajun Grits & Scrambled Eggs with Kimchi
- 1 cup Grits
- 8 Large Eggs
- 4 to 8 tbsp Kimchi add 1-2 tbsp per dish
- 1-2 tsp Cajun Seasoning add to taste; also used to garnish
- Pepper add to taste
- Fresh Ground Pepper used to garnish
- 4 tbsp Parsley used to garnish
- 2 Avocado optional; cut in half, thinly sliced into sixths
- Bring water to a boil; slowly stir in grits; return to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook 4-5 minutes or to desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Add butter and Cajun seasoning. Continue cooking 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until butter has melted.
- Add pepper to taste; add salt if desired (taste test before adding salt).
- Beat the eggs until well blended, add 3/4 teaspoon salt and fresh ground black pepper into mixing bowl.
- Melt butter or use cooking oil, swirl until bottom and sides of pan are evenly coated.
- Add eggs cooking slowly, scraping them up with a rubber spatula occasionally, until most of the liquid has thickened and the eggs are soft, for about 7-10 minutes.
- Plate equal portions of grits, created a foundation for the eggs and Kimchi. Add scrambled eggs on top, leaving about an 1 1/2 from edge of grits.
- Add scrambled eggs, leaving approx. 1 1/2 inches from the edge of grits, allowing room for garnishing.
- Place 1-2 tbsp of Kimchi to each plate, centering them on top of the eggs. Kimchi is recommended to be served cold, warm up in a skillet if preferred.
- Add fresh ground black pepper, Cajun seasoning and parsley to garnish each dish. Optional: place avocado slices in a fanned layout.