Cajun Grits & Scrambled Eggs with Kimchi
Breakfast just got a bit more interesting! This dish boasts spicy and bold flavors that will have you and your family savoring each bite. Taking all the great taste that can be expected of Cajun grits, but adding Kimchi creates a flavorful journey, you won't soon forget.
- 1 cup Grits
- 8 Large Eggs
- 4 to 8 tbsp Kimchi add 1-2 tbsp per dish
- 1-2 tsp Cajun Seasoning add to taste; also used to garnish
- Pepper add to taste
- Fresh Ground Pepper used to garnish
- 4 tbsp Parsley used to garnish
- 2 Avocado optional; cut in half, thinly sliced into sixths
- Bring water to a boil; slowly stir in grits; return to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook 4-5 minutes or to desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Add butter and Cajun seasoning. Continue cooking 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until butter has melted.
- Add pepper to taste; add salt if desired (taste test before adding salt).
- Beat the eggs until well blended, add 3/4 teaspoon salt and fresh ground black pepper into mixing bowl.
- Melt butter or use cooking oil, swirl until bottom and sides of pan are evenly coated.
- Add eggs cooking slowly, scraping them up with a rubber spatula occasionally, until most of the liquid has thickened and the eggs are soft, for about 7-10 minutes.
- Plate equal portions of grits, created a foundation for the eggs and Kimchi. Add scrambled eggs on top, leaving about an 1 1/2 from edge of grits.
- Add scrambled eggs, leaving approx. 1 1/2 inches from the edge of grits, allowing room for garnishing.
- Place 1-2 tbsp of Kimchi to each plate, centering them on top of the eggs. Kimchi is recommended to be served cold, warm up in a skillet if preferred.
- Add fresh ground black pepper, Cajun seasoning and parsley to garnish each dish. Optional: place avocado slices in a fanned layout.