- 1/4 cup Cooking Oil
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1-2 tsp Curry Powder
- 2 tsp Garlic Minced
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika (use regular paprika as a substitute)
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Minced
- 1-2 Tomatoes
- 3-4 cups Cabbage sliced
- 1-2 Chile Peppers (remove seed to reduce heat, add peppers until desired heat level is reached)
- 1 large Carrot (grated long side or julienne cut)
- 1 medium Green Pepper (diced)
- 1 medium Red Pepper (diced)
- 14 oz Baked Beans
- 1 tsp Bouillon Powder
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, give it a minute or two.
- Stir in all the spices; garlic, ginger, smoked paprika, curry, cayenne pepper, thyme- continue stirring for about a minute to let the flavors bloom. Then add tomatoes, bell peppers, carrots and cabbage.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burns.
- Finally add baked beans, bouillon powder stir Continue cooking for about 2-3 minutes.
- Adjust for seasonings. Serve warm.