Being home so much throughout this Covid-19 pandemic, has me cooking much more than normal. That being said I am always looking for new and creative ideas for breakfast. So I came up with the idea to make something spicy. This recipe may not be 100% original but, I will surely make it again, and again.
What is your favorite breakfast to make?
Sunny Side Eggs With Breakfast Potatoes & Avocado
- 1 Potato, diced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil, divided
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Onion, diced
- 1/4 Green Bell Pepper, diced
- Red Pepper Flakes or red pepper (add to taste or desired heat level)
- Salt & Pepper (add to taste)
- 1/2 Avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and add diced. Cook until potatoes are a light golden brown and firm. Add diced onions and green peppers cooking until slightly tender (avoid over cooking as to not lose color). Using medium heat, add eggs and cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until whites have set. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Serve eggs with sweet potatoes, avocado.
- Bon Appétit