Tacos makes Tuesdays one of my most favorite days of the week. Beer battered cod served in corn tortillas with shredded cabbage and a zesty white sauce.
Beer Battered Fish Tacos
Beer battered cod served in corn tortillas with shredded cabbage and a zesty white sauce.
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg (large)
- 1/2 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Light Mayonnaise
- 1 Lime (freshly juiced)
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, minced
- 1/2 tsp Capers, minced
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Dried Dill Weed
- 1 tsp Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 qt Cooking Oil
- 1 lb Cod Fillet (cut into 2 to 3 ounce portions)
- 1 12 oz Corn Tortillas (package)
- To make beer batter: In a large bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Blend egg and beer, then quickly stir into the flour mixture (don’t worry about a few lumps).
- To make white sauce: In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt and mayonnaise. Gradually stir in fresh lime juice until consistency is slightly runny. Season with jalapeno, capers, oregano, cumin, dill, and cayenne.
- Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Dust fish pieces lightly with flour. Dip into beer batter, and fry until crisp and golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Lightly fry tortillas; not too crisp. To serve, place fried fish in a tortilla, and top with shredded cabbage, and white sauce.